- use my stock to create any type of digital or traditional art.
- use my stock to experiment with filters, practice retouching, etc. (on-site, non-commercial use ONLY). If you use my stock in this way, you MUST submit it to your scraps, and you MUST make it clear that the photo is not yours.
- use my stock unaltered in tutorials, or for school/educational purposes (off-site use MAY be allowed)
- use off-site (with the exception of animal stock)
- "sell" the final image for some types of virtual currency (see the bottom of this journal for lists of acceptable and not acceptable virtual currency. If it is not on the list, please ask.)YOU MUST ASK:
If you would like to use my stock...
- off-site (animal stock only)
- to create linearts, premades, precuts, brushes, or any other type of stock or resource (tutorials aside)
- in contests, commissions, or prints
- in any commercial way
(I will probably allow all of the above things 90% of the time. I check this account multiple times daily, and should normally get back to you within a few hours. If I don't respond within 24 hours, and don't have a message at the top of this journal stating that I am away, please send a note to my main account spirit-of-the-fire
)YOU MAY NOT:
- Repost any of my photos unchanged anywhere, for any reason
- Claim my photos as your own
- Use any of the animals in my photos in gory, sexual, violent, or otherwise mature artwork (ask me if you aren't sure)
- Use my photos in any type of racist, sexist, derogatory, or otherwise hateful, or hurtful art (controversial is fine, as long as it's respectful. Ask me if you aren't sure)
If I feel you have broken one of these rules, I will ask you to take the piece down. If you don't, I will be contacting the deviantART staff, or the staff of whatever website you have posted the image to, and requesting that the piece be removed.
Because I cannot possibly foresee every way in which someone might use my photos, I reserve the right to change these rules at any time.Acceptable virtual currency:
Anything that cannot be traded in/redeemed for real money, e.g.,:
- HPD on Horse Phenomena
- Trinkets or beads on Khimeros
- Equus or passes on Howrse
- neopoints or neocash on Neopets
*be aware that some of the sites above do not allow the selling/purchasing of artwork using their virtual currency. If you engage in this type of transaction, you do so at your own risk.Unacceptable virtual currency:
Anything that can be traded in/redeemed for real money, e.g.,:
- points on deviantART
- Linden Dollars on Second Life
*I may allow selling of artwork containing my stock for these currencies depending on how it is being used, but you must ask first**PLEASE DO NOT THANK ME FOR FAVES!!!** I collect a LOT of stock every day, and the constant flooding of thank you messages sometimes causes me to miss comments or questions. Thank you for your understanding.